Friday, December 4, 2015

Week 15, Reading

Reading

In this course my favorite readings were the ones in the beginning that were the classics that I had not had the chance to read before. I also really liked the last few weeks of the reading choices, the European and British units. I had read some of those before, but not all of them. 

For the reading diaries, I liked to copy and paste the parts that really caught my attention in the original story. Sometimes I wanted to use bits of the exact story, or I just used the key ideas for the story. I tried to write it like it was a diary that no one else was reading but me. I tried to capture my inspiration at the moment from reading the story. It was easier to do on the readings that I liked the most.

I found that doing the readings was easy to keep up with, but it took more time and efforts to do all the writing for the class. Even the comments. I would usually take one day a week to be able to do the weeks assignments. I don't know if it was just a lot of writing for me because I was trying to do it all in one day or if it's just my perception.

I like that the readings are varied and you can choose from many things to read for the week. I would recommend to future students to take advantage of the assignment in the beginning where you have us map out what we want to read. I think having a goal and checking yourself is helpful. I forgot a few weeks into the course that I had created a roadmap for myself. It was good that midway you made us do another one. I tried to stay closer to that list and found it was helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment