Friday, December 4, 2015

Week 15, Reflections

Reflections

I cannot believe how fast this semester went. I am relieved it is coming to an end and yet sorta sad to see it all go. I had a great time in this class. I felt like a kid in a candy store without a budget. Being able to read such great literature, which is inspiring and always makes me want to write, and then getting a chance to retell the story however I choose. I learned a lot about language and grammar from making endless mistakes. I love that even though I must have been driving the instructor insane with making the same mistakes over and over, she cheerfully urged me on to fix the problems and keep going. I think this helped me greatly even in my other courses. A few weeks ago I had a ten page paper due in all of  my other classes. When I had to set down to write them I was hyper aware of where my problems are and I double checked on them, and had the links to look it up because of this course. What a blessing!

I love to read and write, but I had not really been doing much of it until this class. It forced me to get back into things that I enjoy. I had so much fun reading everyone's stories. I think what I did the best at in this class was letting my imagination run wild. I like the stories I wrote, but I feel like they are the readers digest version of what they should be. I hope that I can take the time to take the stories to the next level. I did sign up to take the Indian Epics course next semester and I look forward to working hard to doing a better job with the things I struggle with in this course. Life is such a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment