Friday, December 4, 2015

Portfolio

Welcome to the Portfolio Page of the Fallen Master.

For this portfolio project I am including the stories that I am having the most fun with reading and writing. The styles and stories are varied, just like a bag of Skittles candy. The main character is a man named Nathan who leads a magical life, he is a seeker. Nathan's journeys across time will take us to some interesting places and we will meet some whimsical people. Some, like Nathan's wife, Melusina, are immortals but Nathan does not realize it until it is too late. Will Nathan manage to pass the initiation with some magical intervention or will he like so many others fade into obscurity a nameless and forgotten Seeker, looking for the secret to life immortal?


The Fall of Atlantis
Before the time of the Great Flood, was the time of Atlantis when rebelling humans built the Tower of Babel to start a war with the heavens.
sakomar.blogspot.com
Symbols for Nathan

Found on travellerspoint.comToulouse,France
This is the story of how Nathan meets his immortal wife, Melusina. She is a River Goddess that is trapped by a fairy spell on the property of a medieval knight from the Crusades.
Yggdrasil and Merlin found on hrefngast.deviantart.com
Birds of Immortal Feathers
Have you ever wondered what happened to Merlin? Nathan and his new friend Scattach the Shadow travel through the stargate to find him....as a bird in a tree!

The Book of Thoth
Since the time of the fall of Atlantis, the Book of Thoth has been lost to many, except for the god who hid it and the chosen ones who protect its secrets of immortality.

The Emerald Tablets secretofthevine.com 



4 comments:

  1. I founding really intriguing that you combined two stories in the Fall of Atlantis. When I saw the title of your story, I thought that maybe I had missed a section of the UnTextbook about Atlantis. I think that you did a good job of combining the two stories into one. I found it interesting that you also included the allusions to other stories. The fact that you connected all your stories definitely caught my attention. It reminded me of the Storybooks that some of us are writing. I like the photos that you chose for your portfolio. I think you did a good job of purposefully choosing them, and I think that they aided the story.
    It was nice that you had a list of all the stories in your portfolio and you gave short descriptions for them. It definitely helped with navigation. The link to your story the Fall of Atlantis does not work correctly, however. It leads to exchange.ou.edu for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LaDawn!
    Well, this is a first for me! I have not seen any other portfolio’s with pictures included in the descriptions! I think that is very creative and very original! I feel like your portfolio is a lot like the storybooks with how you are connecting everything, however, it seems that you get a little more freedom in the portfolio versus the storybook.
    I did not see any major issues or problems with anything that you wrote. I felt like your word choice is great, and that your language form story to story really connects them better.
    Your fonts and colors are easy to read so definitely don’t change those either!
    Overall, I am very impressed with your portfolio. It appears that you put in a lot of hard work, and trust me that does not go unnoticed or unappreciated! Good job LaDawn and good luck finishing up this class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again LaDawn,
    I have read some of your portfolio before, and it just keeps getting better. Way to go!! I agree with Molly that the pictures you added in your portfolio is pretty awesome. It gives us a chance to visualize the story before clicking on the link. As a visual person, I really appreciate that. The way you wrote your stories were very clear to understand, and that is great. I know I have said it before, but I believe you can never have too much dialogue. It helps the readers connect even more with the story. You are doing a great job though! Keep up the awesome work and have a great Thanksgiving next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi LaDawn,
    I must say you truly earned your spot on the favorites list. You are an amazing storyteller and I enjoyed reading through your portfolio. The way you write makes it super easy to understand what you are taking about and also made it easy for me to picture your stories in my head. You have obviously worked very hard on your portfolio and you can see that in the stories that you write as well as your image and font options. You have done an amazing job this semester and I just wanted to say that I am very happy to be reading your stories. i love the way you have this page set up where you can easily link to all of your portfolio stories and the images give you a tiny sneak peak as to what you are about to read. Good job! You should be really proud!

    ReplyDelete