Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Week 12, Storytelling, The Honeymoon in Wonderland

Found on blog.hwtm.com
 The Honeymoon in Wonderland

Merlin officiated the nuptial vows and no sooner had he done so than Nineve, Lady of the Lake, showed up with Scattach the Shadow through the portal. Daniel, Nathan's brother and Melior, Melusina's sister were also present at the impromptu wedding ceremony as well as many other Immortals, Gods and Goddesses and all types of magical beings  who kept arriving through the stargate portal during their ceremony. News travels fast in the world of magic.The stargate portal is a magical way to travel through time and space dimensions. Often it appears to non magical beings to look like a pond or sacred well. Water has a magical transitive ability to shift energies if given the correct symbols used to direct the travel.

Merlin is still under the spell of Nineve, even though more than a millenia has passed, he shows no anger towards her. Nineve, on the other hand, was quite taken aback by the strange gathering. "Quite the dramatic show old friend!", Nineve sneered at Merlin. Nineve a glorious River Goddess dressed in her shimmering gauzy gown glaring haughtily at Merlin dressed in his shiny robes of a similar fashion. She is already plotting her next move to outsmart her old wizard friend.

Nineve had been in the middle of taking her vacation in Mount Shasta, California when her magical alarms went off alerting her to when Nathan the Seeker and Scattach the Shadow stole her sword Excalibur and then used it to unleashed Merlin and other Immortals from magical sleep. Thanks to Demeter many of the Immortals have a shape shifting ability to shift into bird form from when they all helped to look for her missing daughter Persephone. Nineve used the magic spell of placing the Immortals into the magical world tree, Yggdrasil, into a magical sleep while in their bird forms. The clever woman that she is learned all these cunning skills from the great Merlin himself! With all those powerful being tucked away all this time Nineve enjoyed ruling the magical realms without their interference. Alas all good things must come to an end.

The White Rabbit carrying his pocket watch and in a loud and hurried voice shouted, "Melusina and Nathan please let us go now, we don't want to be late! Oh dear!". 

The whole wedding party followed the White Rabbit and the newlyweds right down the rabbit hole into Wonderland!"You are the most beautiful wife in all of Wonderland my dear Melusina!", croons Nathan. He feels just awestruck to be married to the Immortal Melusina. The courtship and the wedding both are a bit odd but there you have it. 

"Who are YOU?" said the Caterpillar as he took the hookah out of its mouth and addressed them in a languid, sleepy voice.

Laughing, Nathan replied, rather shyly, "I — I hardly know, sir, just at present — at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then."

Just then Nathan saw the Cheshire Cat and kindly asked, "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"

"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,"said the Cat. The Cheshire Cat giggled and started singing..."twas brillig and the slithy toves..."

The wedding party all gathered together at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party and carry on for who knows how long, because time works so differently in Wonderland...





Author's Note: I chose to write this fun little story based on one of my all time literary favorites, Alice in Wonderland. I love the imagination and whimsy of the stories of the girl Alice who most likely falls asleep and has some strange dreams, but in the story goes to a world of magic. She talks to a Hookah Smoking Caterpillar, a Cheshire Cat and a Mad Hatter in her travels among many other colorful characters. Nothing is as it seems in that world.

I also have been trying to carry a theme throughout the stories in my portfolio for this class. The story is about a man named Nathan who is a Seeker of Wisdom and Knowledge. He is pure of heart and fate brings him  magical opportunities and larger than life adventures with powerful people. Nathan's story is a long journey that is only represented here in the Portfolio in small fragments. As he travels the world through time and space he will face many strange things that may sound familiar to you from other things you have read or heard.



Bibliography: This story is part of the Alice in Wonderland unit. Story source: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (1865).

4 comments:

  1. Your title right away caught my attention!! This was a fun read!! I love Alice in Wonderland. That is the reason why your title got me. I like that you added other people and took them to Wonderland. I also like the creativity you used. I know I have never thought of having a honeymoon in Wonderland. This was great fun read! Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice in Wonderland is such a cool topic to base your story off of this week because there is so much to write about in this little book. I immediately saw your title and knew what your story was going to be about! I also really liked how you integrated the characters from your portfolio into the world and characters of Lewis Carroll. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey LaDawn! I enjoyed reading your story this week. I'm currently taking an Arthurian Legend and Literature class, so your story was very interesting. I loved the way you combined multiple characters into a new story that flowed well. Overall, I think you did a great job and I look forward to reading more of your stories in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this story! I haven't kept track of your portfolio, but this story worked really well. I enjoyed how you included the drama of Merlin and Nineve but integrated it into the celebration of a wedding! So contradictory to what Merlin and Nineve are going through in their own "romantic" relationship. I also like the continuous story that you are going for. It works really well!

    ReplyDelete