Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Week 13, Reading Diary, Reading Diary B, Myth-Folklore Unit: Dante's Inferno

Myth-Folklore Unit: Dante's Inferno
(illustration by di Fruosino)
I did not really find a particular story that jumped out at me. It was fun to understand a lot of the references in the stories. I think I am also feeling ripped off that though the people are mentioned that are in all the different circle of hell, he does not give enough description of the people and how their punishment is appropriate for their crimes. I am shocked at where he places certain people. It is obvious to me that Dante clearly hates the Romans that he places in the worst hell where Satan is. I think most of the other people mentioned in the story are really kinda funny. Like Nimrod whose language is foreign to all. Fall of the Tower of Babel/Atlantis....

Overall I enjoyed reading the parts of Inferno here. I will most likely continue to read more of it later, outside of this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment