Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Week 14, Extra Reading Diary, Myth-Folklore Unit: The Heptameron of Margaret, Queen of Navarre

Myth-Folklore Unit: The Heptameron of Margaret, Queen of Navarre
www.todocoleccion.net
I don't know what to say! I loved this unit so much! I had first heard of the Decameron a year ago in a medieval Italy class that I took and was interested. I think I had also heard of the Heptameron at the same time. This semester I am taking a class called medieval women and it is a big topic for women of that time who were wealthy and educated to commission literature, especially in France. So this was my first chance I have had in the past year to actually read it, not just read about it. I want to read more of course! The style that it is written in appeals to me. Using the story and then using the dialogue in the group about the story. It has such a natural flow to it. I have to read so much historical information that I have almost believed that it is all boring. It is refreshing to run across a historical piece that I enjoy. I am glad it is not full of too much religion or courtly love, because that would be typical of the time and drive me nuts.

If I can I want to use the writing style that this half unit is written in, rather than any one passage of this unit. I have yet to read the reading diaries a and b for this week, so I may choose to write my story on this unit this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment