Sunday, August 16, 2015

Week 1,LD's favorite places, Mount Shasta California, Flagstaff Arizona, England, Italy....

Mount Shasta California
en.wikipedia.org

I absolutely love Mount Shasta California. I first went there in the year 2000. I have only been there twice. It is the most magical place that has captured a part of me, and I always yearn to return there. There is lots of interesting stories about the metaphysical and paranormal things that happen in that area. It is on Native American sacred grounds and has legends to that extent. There are also stories of encounters of aliens, ascended masters, a lost city under the Volcano and much more.
Flagstaff Arizona
flagstaffspecialedition.com
I was born in Cottonwood Arizona about a 45 minute drive south of Flagstaff. I had family that lived in Flagstaff and we went there a lot when I was young to visit and go shopping because it is and was a much larger city than Cottonwood. In 2001 my daughter was born in Flagstaff.  The trees are amazing. They are Ponderosa Pine tress. If you walk up to one and smell it, it will smell of either vanilla, chocolate or strawberry. I am not kidding. The next time you get a chance to visit, do yourself a favor, hug a pine tree, give it a good whiff, and be amazed.
England
I have not had the pleasure of visiting England yet. I have been fascinated by the place since I was a child. I used to tell my parents and grandparents that I was from England and that I could remember being there. I do have English ancestry as well. I think I may be attached to a past life memory from there, and particularly to the time period of the Tudor dynasty.
Trevi fountain in Rome, Italy
I have been learning Latin and studying the medieval period of European history. I want to somehow find a way to visit Italy as an incorporated part of my education. I cannot get enough of Italy! The Romans are so fascinating!

Honestly, I have traveled a lot in the United States except for the East Coast. I love travelling, and I hope that my life will always allow me to see and learn new things. I am a Religious Studies major with a minor in History and I appreciate and like to study all cultures and their beliefs. I am fascinated by ancient cultures the most. I want to learn more about the amazing world we live in! But my absolute favorite place in the whole world for me is to be at home, in my pajamas enjoying the pursuits of my interests, such as reading great books, watching great television shows like Dr. Who and Ancient Aliens, baking and eating yummy foods, playing with my cats Freyden and Tiny Dancer, and spending time with my husband and daughter. Sorry, no pics available for all that at this time.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, SO MANY CONNECTIONS, LaDawn!!! Wow! I've lived in a lot of different places, but my two favorite states are California (and that would be northern California) and Arizona (esp. Tucson: I love Tucson!). And I also studies in both England and in Italy... with so many fond memories of both places! And listen, there is some great stuff about Mount Shasta in the Native American readings for this class; here is a search of the UnTextbook for Shasta: that is so cool that you will be able to appreciate just why people want to tell stories about that place!!!
    mentions of Mount Shasta in the UnTextbook
    I hope you will enjoy the class... it sounds like you will! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very interesting that we share so many interests in common Laura! I am sure it was not a coincidence that I am taking your class, I am sure that I have great things to learn and I will enjoy this class very much. Thank you for the pointers to Mount Shasta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures you found are so beautiful! Sadly, I've neglected to truly enjoy the beauties of my own country. From a very young age I was always swept up in the foreign and new. Recently I've taken to road tripping so that I could see and enjoy more of the fifty states. So far my favorite western state was New Mexico. I was there at night once, somewhere far from any cities, and I have never seen so many stars in my entire life.

    I really want to smell an Arizona Pine Tree! The Pine Trees grew up with on the east coast didn't smell like vanilla or strawberry or chocolate at all. So very jealous, I'll have to put Arizona on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, I look forward to going to the east coast someday as it is on my bucket list and sniffing some Pine trees to see what they smell like! Travel is fun no matter where you go, the journey is the nectar...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi LaDawn!!

    Before reading your post I hadn’t heard of Mount Shasta but now it’s definitely on my list of places to go!! And wow that picture you chose is beautiful. I’ve visited England and Italy and both are some of my favorite places in the world. Actually pretty much anywhere in Europe is my favorite place. But you’re right sometimes just being at home surrounding by your loved ones is the best place in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi LaDawn,

    Wow, your favorite places that you have been to and want to go to are breath taking. I really want to visit England, but more than that I want to visit Scandinavian countries! Sweden, Norway and etc seem like they would be extremely beautiful to visit and explore. It was nice seeing what places that you have been to and love.

    ReplyDelete