Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 1,Storybook favorites

The Three Graces
www.theoi.com

Greek Goddesses on Trial
I chose the first storybook Greek Goddesses on Trial because I love Greek Mythology, and I am a big fan of Rick Riordan who writes the Percy Jackson series. The title caught my attention first then when I clicked on the storybook I was intrigued by the style. The photos of the statues of the Goddesses are beautiful. The pages are symmetrical and appealing. I like the overall storybook here.

The Many Incarnations of Doctor Who
de.doctorwho.wikia.com

The Doctor and His Rebels
Looking through the list of storybooks I read The Doctor and my heart skipped a beat...that time travelling Gallifreyan pops up in the most mysterious of places and times! I just had to click on the link and open it to see if it was THE Doctor! The Tardis on the front cover led me to believe that it is indeed much larger on the inside.....so I had to give it a peek! I can see that another Doctor Who fan has great taste! The stories inside are lovely and I enjoy the topics like Alice in Wonderland. I can see how the storyteller uses a them of time travel and magic to pull it all together nicely.

Perseus Slaying Medusa
www.flickr.com

Perseus's Journey
Again, I am a big Percy Jackson fan, so I had to check on the appeal of Perseus's Journey. While it is not a Percy Jackson novel, it was a great presentation of the Greek Mythology of the great Perseus. I do like the stories that the author wrote, well done.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you looked at that Doctor Who project, LaDawn! The Alice story was my favorite; it would have made a great Doctor Who episode for sure! (I have been a Doctor Who fan since back in the Tom Baker days.) And there are always some Greek mythology projects every semester... which means I am already curious what Greek projects there will be this semester! Perseus's Journey was one from last semester, and so was this nice one: Gossip Greeks. It had a great storytelling frame of a goddess in disguise! A dangerous goddess in disguise... but then, all goddesses can be dangerous I guess. This one had a temper, that's for sure! You might look at it if you get a chance just a very cool storytelling style; it was one of my favorites from last semester. That Perseus one also used a really great style (I had never thought about an old Perseus!) ... that's one of the best things about this class: even though I've been teaching it for almost 15 years, there are totally new things people come up with every semester. It's magic. :-)

    ReplyDelete