Sunday, October 11, 2015

Week 8,Reflections: Looking Back


Week 8,
Writing:
It is half way through the semester! In some ways, it is passing quickly and in others it is dragging on. This class is amazing. I have always wanted to take a mythology and folklore class and I am blessed to have taken this one. I have wanted to write stories but haven't found the time since high school. Most of my college writing has been focused on writing reports. This class has caused me to move into new areas and get out of my comfort zones. This class has helped me to improve in all of my writing skills, because of the amazing feedback I receive from Laura the professor and also from my fellow classmates. I really love it when people point out where I am having a weak point. I really do want to improve my writing skills.
Reading:
I have enjoyed most of the stories I have read and written. Two stories I wrote were soul draining hard. I did not really like those units I read as well as the stories I wrote. Three of my stories so far I feel are connected and coming together, like a story waiting to be told that is oozing out of me rather than having to work hard to make it happen. I have really enjoyed reading all the mythology and folklore units. I am not as drawn to some of the African and Asian tales because of how much they relate to animals. I like the Greek and Roman so far the most who have all the crazy gods and goddesses doing crazy things. I am looking forward to lots more good things to come in units ahead.
Interactions:
Every week I get to see what my classmates are up to. It is so much fun. Some of our classmates are super creative and talented. I get very intrigued and look forward to being able to share our projects with each other. That will be a treat to look back over! It is easy for me to feel like I am socializing and getting to know others in class. It is helpful that I know my sister. I also know a student in the Indian Epics class from my Latin classes. Everyone is super friendly so it seems fun to get to know everyone.
Time:
I started this class early, working ahead has been super helpful. At a few points in the semester I was ahead in all my classes. But I really am having a heavy load this semester and I have managed to fall behind a few times because of projects like papers and tests. I started this class hoping to only need to do homework once a week. I like that approach. I like to be able to spend a whole day focusing and getting tasks done and not having to worry the rest of the week. But there has been times where I needed hours to study for another class where I had to work on this one all week. It is actually fine both ways. The flexibility of it being a set your own schedule is keeping me sane!
Location:
I often do my homework in my bedroom, on my bed and using my laptop. My cats are usually right there cheering me on. During my days on campus I will often read units on my smartphone between classes. I enjoy the readings and it give me something to do while eating lunch.
Growth Mindset:
I truly have not had much time to put efforts towards this yet.
Curation:
I try to check out Pinterest daily, and I try to add anything that I find could be useful. I have only done one extra credit for this I think. I have been trying to keep neat little folders for my images and stuff. I appreciate the efforts to create positive habits that are time saving and life skill enhancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment