Saturday, October 17, 2015

Week 9, Reading Diary, Reading Diary A,Myth-Folklore Unit: California and the Old Southwest


Sunrise Mount Shasta California


For my reading diary A this week I chose to read the folklore and myths from the California and southwest because they appeal the most to me. I grew up in the southwest, but my heart is in the northwest. I really like the readings by the Pima Indians The Creation of Mankind and the Flood Pima (Arizona)
After the world was ready, Earth Doctor made all kinds of animals and creeping things. Then he made images of clay, and told them to be people. After a while there were so many people that there was not food and water enough for all. They were never sick and none died.
This is a neat way of explaining death. I am intrigued by the Earth Doctor. I would not at all be surprised to find Doctor Who behind all this! LOL.
Earth Doctor made a hole through the earth with his stick, and through that he went, coming out safe, but alone, on the other side.Okay, this screams of a wormhole, time travel! I have been waiting for this!
The people began to increase in numbers, just as they had done before, but Elder Brother shortened their lives, so the earth did not become so crowded. But Elder Brother did not like the people created by Earth Doctor, so he planned to destroy them again. So Elder Brother planned to create a magic baby.The screams of the baby shook the earth. They could be heard for a great distance. Then Earth Doctor called all the people together, and told them there would be a great flood. He sang a magic song and then bored a hole through the flat earth-plain through to the other side. Some of the people went into the hole to escape the flood that was coming, but not very many got through.
I am speechless about Elder Brother and this magic baby whose screams shake the earth. Unless, this is the atomic bomb that we read of in the Bhagavadgita. I fully believe that happened and this could be a great way to explain it. I have often believed that the desert of the southwest is very connected to India and Egypt, as well as the Mayans. It sounds to me like they opened a portal and left.


The other story I really enjoyed from this half of the unit is the 
Little Daughter climbed up to the smoke hole and put out her arm. But Little Daughter put out her head also. She wanted to see the world. Little Daughter wanted to see the rivers and trees, and the white foam on the Bitter Waters. Wind caught Little Daughter by the hair. Wind pulled her out of the smoke hole and blew her down the mountain.
This sounds to me so much like she went through a stargate portal. It sounds like where she came from they sure had a lot of power too, since her dad can make a bear look down and walk on four legs and no longer talk to humans. Actually it doesn't even sound much like little daughter is human, but her and the bears made humans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment