Saturday, October 17, 2015

Week 9, Reading Diary, Reading Diary B, Myth-Folklore Unit: California and the Old Southwest


 Mount Shasta California





Then Hawk and Crow took the mud from Duck's beak, and began making the mountains.
They began at the place now known as Ta-hi-cha-pa Pass, and Hawk ade the east range. Crow made the west one. They pushed the mud down hard into the water and then piled it high. They worked toward the north. At last Hawk and Crow met at Mount Shasta. Then their work was done. But when they looked at their mountains, Crow's range was much larger than Hawk's.


What I like the most about this story is how the Hawk and the Crow work hard and then head up to chill at Mount Shasta. Squee! I would do the same. I want a cabin on that mountain so bad I can't even stand it. I have not been to Yosemite yet. I think it is hilarious that they are saying that these birds built these mountains. These are huge mountains in mountain ranges. Some of the most beautiful places on the earth too. I wonder if they equate the birds with the winged messengers, our friends the Nefilim. That would make a lot of sense if magical creatures were building the mountains, because these tiny little birds don't exactly explain this well.

No comments:

Post a Comment