Thursday, September 24, 2015

Week 5, Curation



This week while doing my daily check in with Ellie's World Blog on Crystalinks, I ran across a most interesting file that Ellie had posted. This is mind blowing, and honestly so inspiring to write about in a story. Possibly with my new character for this class, Nathan the Seeker.



Right: A communication device created more than 1,000 years ago by the Chimu people of Peru (Travis Rathbone/Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian) Background: Chan Chan, Peru (David Holt/CC BY-SA)
This week in my Roman Religions class we were covering the topic of the Sibylline books and the Oracle of Delphi because of how important the study of omens and auguries were to many aspects of Roman life. The main books have been lost of course, except bit and pieces here and there, as well as later works that may be credited to the Sybil to give the prophesies  authority, like the books in the Bible often are. There is a particular prophecy in my class this week that mentioned how the lunar eclipse had an effect on a war because of how the omen was seen. One side saw it as defeat, the other side saw it as science and nothing to fear. The non fearful side won the battle, surprise. It also made me remember reading about how we are going to experience an ausipicious, or maybe inauspicious event this week. How cool would it be to inclule something like this in a story? 
To watch the video go to  http://shadowandsubstance.com/
The other way cool thing I ran across this week while looking for images for my story on the Emerald Tablets. I got caught up in the imagery of magical boxes. As with most puzzles, it is not always what you would expect to find. I remembered the magic word puzzles, and found some on Pintrest this week. I love that tool. I try to spend a few minutes everyday checking it out, been doing that for years.
Sator Arepo Tenet Opera Rotas Latin Palindromic Word Square

No comments:

Post a Comment