Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 7, Reading Diary A,Tibetan Folk Tales, Reading Diary



Tibet, Plateau of: yaks grazing in desert area of the Plateau of Tibet
 www.britannica.com


I chose to read the Tibetan unit because I do not know much about their folklore. I would like to work my character Nathan into more stories. I think I may be able to bring him in to retell the story Covetousness. In Nathan's first story he is on his way to find his treasure, the emerald tablets, but this story of Covetousness could come before or after Nathan being at the Vatican. I could use his wife Melusina to tell the parable as a warning to his greed.
Now the moral is, "First, people shouldn't be greedy when there is plenty for all (the fox wanted all the meat to eat for a year and tried to ruin the bow and got killed). Second, you mustn't do what you aren't fitted for (the elephant tried to do what the rabbit was doing and got killed). Then the four men begrudged the three and the three begrudged the four, so they all died.

No comments:

Post a Comment