Sunday, September 27, 2015

Week 5, Thoughts about Comments

I am excited by such great comments left by my classmates. I value their opinions greatly because they are my audience, and because they are also working on the same assignments so they are aware of the objectives and focus, and are probably interesting in the same types of things that I am. I see the evidence of this in reading other people's introductions and storytelling blogs. Some of us are non-traditional students that are doing our best to keep the ships sailing, and others are just amazing young people that are going to be changing the world we live in. I am glad to get a chance to rub elbows with all of them!

The most impact I have gotten from the comments are the ones that I overlook in editing. It's a bittersweet feeling because I am horrible at punctuation, so I am glad that someone points out my flaws, as well as a tad embarrassed for lacking the skill that is vital in life and college level writing. I am also truly awful at technology. I am young enough that I have had access to computers since high school, but old enough that I learned to type on a typewriter. So technology advice like, using commas to separate the labels was super helpful! (Thank you Whitney for that many weeks ago, as it had already become unmanageable)

I will do my best to help others with good helpful feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment